Preschoolers are well-known for their eagerness for knowledge. They are always looking to learn and experience new things. At The Sapling School, our Pre-School Program utilizes this natural inquisitiveness by providing children with a uniquely tailored blend of instructional, explorative, and creative activities. From lessons in language arts, and mathematics, to hands-on activities in science, students are never at a loss for opportunities to deepen their understanding of the world, their peers, and themselves.
Activities in the Pre-School Program include:
- Daily calendar activities to teach about sequence of events, patterns, and routines
- Learning cognitive skills such as counting, making predictions, testing, and drawing conclusions
- Reading short books without assistance
- Physical skills; they will learn to kick a ball, hop on one foot, jump off a step, etc.
- Activities to enhance fine and gross motor skills and coordination
- Developing life skills; flexibility in thinking, and daily routines that promote independence
- General social and emotional skills, such as how to interact with other children